Putting Your Relationship To The Test
How many of the following statements are true about your stepcouple relationship?
- I think my partner is fair and reasonable with my kids.
- My spouse and I mostly agree on how to handle the kids’ behavior like school work, bedtime, household chores, manners, etc.
- When my partner and I are upset with each other, we stay calm and work things through
- I’m generally happy with the relationship I have with my stepkids.
- My partner’s ex-spouse is rarely a source of conflict in our relationship.
- My spouse and I do little things everyday to stay connected and to show our affection and appreciation for each other.
- No unresolved issues from my childhood or my previous relationships interfere with my stepcouple or stepfamily relationships.
- My partner tries to understand my point of view when we have misunderstandings.
- My spouse does a good job of balancing my needs with those of his children.
- Even with all the problems and challenges in our stepfamily, I’d do it all over again!
Feel free to download this test and share it with your spouse, friends or relatives.
Susan Wisdom M.A.